19/05/2016

Bare with me

It seems like every year, as the sun decides to start showing, I'm having this conversation again: Summer is coming. Shorts are getting shorter. Tops are getting smaller. And there's nothing wrong about that.


Photo by Miles Aldridge

But let us start from the beginning. I simply adore the human body. I do not care if you are tall or short, skinny or chubby, dark or pale: YOU ARE GLORIOUS. Your body is an amazing machine, capable of dreamy impossibilities. Together, you two have survived this far... and I'm betting that's a lot to survive. We've all been to hell a couple of times and came back to tell the story. Thank that body of yours.



So please, PLEASE! treat it nicely. Don't hate on it.

And if you feel like showing it that's great. And if you decide you don't want to show it, that's great too. THAT IS YOUR CHOICE. No one should feel entitled to making that decision for you.


Which brings me to the theme of short shorts. EVERY SINGLE YEAR PEOPLE. Every single year I ear mean, depreciative, harmful comments about shorts. Usually something among the lines of being too revealing for someone that (young, old, skinny, fat, tall, short.... you get the picture).

It's hot outside. Shorts are comfortable. My body is none of your damn business.

There you go. Happy Summer!







Photo by Helmut Newton

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário